Insurance Agents Registration Requirements in Kenya
- Log in to Insurance Regulatory Authority Online Portal
- The applicant or its Principal Officer must have passed or been exempted from Certificate of Proficiency (COP) examination for Insurance Agents. The examination is offered by the College of Insurance.
- Registration fee Kshs.1,000 payable to the Insurance Regulatory Authority.
- Documents as proof of nationality. Note that all agents must be East African citizens.
- Confirmation by the Principal Officer of the Insurer for whom the applicant proposes to act as an agent certifying that the applicant has the knowledge and experience necessary to act as an agent.
- Where applicable, a certified copy of the certificate of registration of business name reflecting the kind of business applied for. In case of a Corporate Agent, the following will also be required:
- a certified copy of the certificate of registration of business name reflecting the kind of business the applied for or a certificate of incorporation;
- a copy of the Articles of association or rules and regulation;
- Details of the shareholders or partners.